Tuesday 15 February 2011

January 26th

Day off went well back to routine
Try to make it look as if I’m a little keen
Counting the days, won’t be long at all
Until next day off is Bootleg film festival
Got info through about Grahams stag doo
So we’ll have to change dates of Avenue Q
Cooking Risotto trying to impress my baby
But instead of buying stock I bought chicken gravy
‘Really enjoyed it’ were her actual words
Roasted veg and a secret blend of dried herbs
Went to the pub and wrote a poet for Dave
Flowed quite nicely in an emotional wave
It came quite easily once I had started
Show the old man that I’m good hearted
Time to switch off now, Time for a snooze
Dream about my job on Sky sports news
Was the public outcry an overreaction?
One left the other was forced extraction
It’s nice to be nice, as they teach in school
And I often struggle with the off-side rule
I’m not sexist, but wear the trousers in my family
I will do the washing up and ironing when it suits me
Cancelling LoveFilm subscription took its toll
But still get to see Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment