Thursday 24 February 2011

February 18th

Finished work around three thirty p.m
And headed down to Waitrose Cobham
Before going to the Island, to make sure we get that far
I washed, filled with petrol and checked the tyres on the car
Back to the car park to wait for my lady,
At five o’clock we hit the A3
Arrived safely at port waiting to be watered and fed
Pretty much sailed through the troubled Hindhead
On the ferry to join Anna and Dave and their new tans
Fridge stocked with wine, beer and fizz in cans
Credit to fantastic Mother and greatest of Fathers
Settled down to eat homemade chicken Enchiladas
Beers, wine, food and desserts a plenty
Fill up here when were running on empty
Eat until we are full and drink until we are merry
We even had a small hot chocolate coming over on the ferry
Gave Dave his present a book, plus writing kit
Not sure of his reaction or what he made of it
Of my writing they were respectful and loving
Mum kept asking ‘where was the real Gavin’
Well this is me, Ma, with love, it’s meant
I’m even giving up watching television for lent
See, I’m up for a test; I’ll challenge the faithy-est
It’s what Jesus would do if he was an atheist

No comments:

Post a Comment