Sunday 13 February 2011

January 12th

A rare day off together
Hampered by the inclement weather
Tom was here on the night, last,
So all up for 10am and full Monty breakfast
Tom left at eleven, wife went back to sleep
I sat on the sofa watching Quantum Leap
Wanted fresh air so walked in the fog
Constructed ideas about starting to jog
Orange Wednesday so off to the cinema we totter
Deathly hallows part one with Harry Potter
Sweets eaten and no bargain wine to sup
Settled in to watch Disney’s’ UP
A beautifully moving opening montage
Featuring a loving couples life collage
Wife gives my hand a loving squeeze
UP beats the specky magician with ease
Disney got it right the smiles and sorrow
Back in the old routine again tomorrow
No lottery win again, it’s just not cricket
I should meet them halfway and buy a ticket
It’s not just me with a feeling of quirk
I working hard at trying to like work

No comments:

Post a Comment