Sunday 13 February 2011

January 11th

Tom popped in from the big smoke
Picked up the mood, he’s a bloody nice bloke
Had a chat and something to eat
Made the world all nice and neat
Went to write in the station
Hope it becomes a regular occasion
Drank some beers from Japan
This is good to do, when we can
Went Dutch on lunch as feeling thrifty
A full plated meal for just £3.50
Feeling full we headed back to the flat
Hoping to continue the chit and the chat
Set up the music just as planned
But in no time at all, both in Zed Zed Land
Snoring loudly and jaws a dropping
Wifey turns up with the shopping
Bargain of the day made me excited as a kid
Wine for nine pounds or two for eight quid
To see who is brainiest without refute
Out comes millennium edition trivial pursuit
I won, of course, but I know that gloating’s a sin
I will enjoy small victories, as I never win
As times ticks on, we retire to our beds
Having filled our bellies and emptied our heads

No comments:

Post a Comment