Tuesday 22 February 2011

February 7th

Monday Monday and I’m paying the toll
For staying up late and watching the Super bowl
I still don’t understand how it has the power
To make sixty minutes last for 4 hours
A televisual feast with effort you can’t knock
I watched it all and went to bed at four o’clock
So lazy morning when I rose from my pit
Headed to the lounge and on the sofa I sit
Catching up with Love film and Q.I
Falling asleep with Stephen Fry
Got a wedding in two weeks to attend
So the diet and nutrition are on the mend
Stay away from sugar and drink lots of water
Eat half your normal food, or maybe a quarter
All going well and off the fatty foods I wean
Until I took a trip to the works vending machine
Never had the orange juice thought I’d give it a whirl
In the tray I find a free pack of Smarties and a Twirl
Is this the devil trying to tempt me?
Or a classic example of faulty machinery
Given me chocolate when I didn’t even buy it
Lord don’t you know I’m on a diet
I’ll take them away add them to my plan
Sometimes it’s good to be the bigger man

No comments:

Post a Comment