Monday 14 February 2011

January 21st

Feeling good leaving work, in fact quite merry
London tonight Chris’s birthday, Legendary!
Organised all of works bits, my final little chore
So when the time comes around I’m heading out the door
Got map, got cash and even got my oyster
Got my discount voucher, tonight I am the Joyster!
Headed home from work, picked up by the Wife
Meeting up with people, who have made up my life
Chat to them about memories past and problems current
Finding out that it’s not just me, a feeling warm and pleasant
Arrive at the Warwick, on time, and head downstairs
Quickly huddled by the Falvs, moments all too rare
Catch up on everything and the mood starts to soften
Always moaning and asking why we don’t do it more often
Lovely feeling, drink flows, but isn’t something wrong
Chris is here, Andy and I but where is little Tom
He was in Victoria, in the wrong Warwick pub
A story acting like the salt into which his wounds we’ll rub
Tom arrives smiling but pretty pissed off
Need to drink cider and more beer to quaff
Drinks and friends my souls ablutionary
Chris wasn’t wrong, tonight was legendary!

No comments:

Post a Comment