Wednesday 23 February 2011

February 17th

If you have been paying attention with no shirking
You’ll notice that this is my eighth straight day working
But this weekend is when I revive
Then I’m off for four days out of five
Half term approaches, it’ll probably start raining
The niece and nephews will need entertaining
Hopefully hooking up with my little family
We’ll go to them or they’ll come and see me
I feel as if I haven’t seen them in a little while
Their beaming faces always make me smile
Naughty Neve with her eyes and appetite
The rough and tumble boys putting the play in the fight
I want to giggle and laugh and just be silly
Make faces and sounds ‘willy’ and indeed ‘nilly’
Uncle is the greatest place to be
Hand them back if they are naughty
Tomorrow we’ll see father and mother
To catch up on their holiday and one thing and another
Back from holiday all sun sea and sand
Returning from two weeks away from the Island
Saturday wedding really can’t wait
Especially and the Wife and I get to go out, on a date!
Just one day left of work before
Off to Dave’s and the drinks he’ll pour
Me and the Wife we’ll get lots of time to speak
A pretty packed uneventful Valentine week

No comments:

Post a Comment