Thursday 24 February 2011

February 22nd

At last a day off, a day to unwind?
Not a chance, kids coming over with a lot in mind
Head to the Spectrum, for a full day of doing
After we’ve stood in the rain for an hour queuing
Lots of children, men & women
Not for Ice skating though all for swimming
Queue slowly moving as more people they squeeze
Into the Swimming pool, Val bought the coffees
Finally get in and the melee continues
Ended up getting changed in the loo’s
Get in the pool, not too much room
‘Uncle Gavin will you take me on the flume’
This is what I hoped would happen
Acting like a child around the children
Queuing again this time for the fun
Nodding to other adults ‘he won’t go unless I go on
Of course he would and he soon decides
He really doesn’t need me for the water slides
Time is up and before we go bowling
Fill our bellies that have a hole in
A burger and a beer is what I like
But it stopped me from getting my regular strike
Pride at stake playing for the Hardington Cup  
Ronnie’s wins but he had the barriers up
Head back to the flat all worn and floppy
Having a chat, a biscuit and a coffee
They all leave and get home safe and sound
I really love having the family around

No comments:

Post a Comment