Thursday 17 February 2011

February 4th

Bootleg opening night a really great Friday
But of course, it didn’t start by going my way
Balancing the books was unbalancing me
We took twenty grand, I couldn’t find 35p
Couldn’t leave until I had found a cure
Got on my way bout half past four
Didn’t look back when I was gone
Got in got changed put my bootlegs on
Got into Balham enjoying the festival
Vinyl was on final the film we love best of all
This weekend in essence, I’m a single man
So decided to stay in London where I can
Zoe’s Dad’s place was my place of picking
Got there, had rice and the greatest ever chicken
Shared a beer and some more conversation
Table display like a Christmas decoration
Feel good and comfortable, meal gone too soon
I’ll stay here again, I get my own room
Been a long day so I’ll rest my head
In a lovely bedroom but not on the bed
Looking out on the garden waiting for Tom and Zo
I need to get myself a desk by a window
Had a nice drink and feeling alright
Great people, great food, great films and good night

No comments:

Post a Comment