Friday 9 December 2011

November 28th

And so I'm back at the scene of the crime
where I began my challenge of rhyme
It's here where just a small idea
Led to spoiling the best part of a year
Where's the year gone all bright and glossy
All my moneys been spent on coffee
It's only served to make my brain ache
The coffee didn't even keep me awake
The different flavours I have tasted
The countless hours I have wasted
I didn't see it coming, but they saw me
Buy 9 drinks and get the tenth one free
Skinny frappachino, chai tea mocha
I'm forgetting how to talk proper
so when my mind needs to deliberate
I head to the place that's become favourite
when I know my writing is pending
I look for esquires and follow the penguin
It's a nicer place to waste my time
And so I'm back at the scene of the crime

No comments:

Post a Comment