Tuesday 20 December 2011

December 16th


What if nothing changes?
What if it all stays the same?
What if all these exchanges
Are only ever in vein.
It’s all just scribbles on a page
I’m a poet with no bookings
Like a punch in my rib cage
Just when I wasn’t looking
Too many times I started something
With so many great ideas
Don’t become a meaningless fling
Forgotten over the years
I know that it’s all down to me
It’s how I choose to spend my time
Dutiful daily diary devotee 
And reap rewards that are mine
Even when I finished writing
There’s still so much more to do
I hope its hard work that I’m inciting
And this time I’ll see it through
The first thing that I’ve completed
Don’t underestimate the part you play
At least I can say I competed
And progressed more than half way

No comments:

Post a Comment