Saturday 24 December 2011

December 19th

I was just a young boy, sitting on my fathers knee
talking about the future and where I'd like to be
We sit and talk for hours until and in the background music played
That music would surround me, and in my mind it's stayed
I flicked through his collection, he hum me every line
He sit there and he'd tell me that what was his was mine
I've kept that memory with me and never will I lose it
And everyday, with songs they play, I remember daddies music
I play those songs, bring back memories strong, when I'm feeling homesick
they were great times, but I can't rewind, to hear my daddies music
Another time that I'd go back, if you could grant my wishes
Is after dinner, plates are stacked, my mother washing dishes
We help out as much we could, by putting things away
I thought back then the tunes no good, but I love them all today
I've kept that memory with me and never will I lose it
And everyday, with songs they play, I remember mothers music
And as I'm getting old myself, and my tastes have all expanded
I look upon my CD shelf, and see the music I've been handed
I do not see the songs and bands, my memories are all I see
I can feel their loving hands in the music they gave to me
So if I have a young boy and he sits upon my knee
I can share the music that my parents gave to me

No comments:

Post a Comment