Monday 19 December 2011

December 11th

I'm not a great religion believer
I think it acts as a truth deceiver
But if people find comfort in faiths
I cannot knock where trust is placed
I've been to church for midnight mass
It isn't made up of greener grass
It wont release me of my sin
But humbly and quietly let's me in
Although I struggle with the subject
I enjoy the pace and time to reflect
They were once the communal groundings
Now they are just amazing surroundings
In my head nice words I'll be saying
I guess that’s just my way of praying
If just for a minute you think of other people
Then its worth its weight from pew to steeple
These beautiful buildings that give people peace
That allow us time to react and release
Are even more special at this time of year
To think of those who are no longer here
There's no other reason that I come
But midnight mass means a lot to my Mum
Personal beliefs, which I'm sure you can handle
So take time, drop in, and light a candle

No comments:

Post a Comment