Wednesday 14 December 2011

December 2nd


An amazing year, but the pressure is on
The last leg with my poem baton
I won’t miss it when it’s gone
It’s become a nuisance
How to follow up and proceed
If I actually complete the deed
What a thrill if I do succeed
Reward for my persistence
Comedy has been pushed my way
Could I write a funny dossier?
I’ll try to reheat that soufflé
What could possibly go wrong?
Oh the happiness I could bring
If I could conquer word jestering
Throw a wit punch in the laughter ring
Is that where my head belongs
But I won’t forget the poetry
This has set my mind free
Be as great as you can be
Look up instead of down
I could do it, there is no question
Evolve my hilarity into a profession
Join me as I accept my accession
I’ll happy take that crown

No comments:

Post a Comment