Monday 5 December 2011

November 18th

A story I need you all to heed
Of me, my dad and Peter Reid
A great thing happened one Saturday
We drove down south to see the Saints play
I tried to recall it as it happened
Flashed into the car park by Micky Adams
Headed towards the ground & as we got nearer
We were handed our tickets by a young Alan Shearer
One of the greatest days I've ever had
Me, Peter Reid and my Dad
I don't remember much about the football
A score draw I think, quite forgettable
Final whistle, that’s it, all over me thinks
No, invited into the players lounge for drinks
Coke and crisps and take a seat
Ill prepared for who we'll meet
Legends, well you decide
Dave took it all in his stride
Alan Shearer, Jimmy Case, and Tim Flowers
Big Dave Beasent loftily towers
A more crisps and a second coke
Then we are joined the greatest bloke
A gentleman it's quickly agreed
Me, my dad and Peter Reid
He broke in to his collection stories
of past bust ups and former glories
A true Evertonion the air turned blue
As he recalled what he used to do
He realised that a child heard what he'd said
He apologised profusely and patted my head
An amazing experience, what joy, what luck
Dave fitted in as if Jimmy Tarbuck
The stories stayed with me as I've grown
Dave drove me safely home
My adventures have yet to exceed
Me , my dad and Peter Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment