Tuesday 20 December 2011

December 14th


I was there, it wasn’t a dream
I was where the brightest lights beam
It was beautifully draped in a Christmas theme
I want to be there again
The city called and I responded
The city and I instantly bonded
I said goodbye and unwillingly absconded
But a bit of my heart remains
Your glorious noise, your lovely drone
Around every corner, nothing unknown
Millions of people, but we were alone
Beautiful burning lights
Your skyline, with love, designed
Will be etched forever on my mind
And to your charms, I have resigned
Glorious glowing nights
New York, you strange and crazy you
Keep on doing what you do
A lasting impression on my debut
Love you to your core
I was there, it was a dream
I was where the subways steam
The greatest place I’ve ever been
Until I’m there once more

No comments:

Post a Comment