Monday 5 December 2011

November 20th

I'm in a strange town in a new country
But the surroundings feel so warm and comfy
It's not as big or scary as feared
A peculiar feeling of not feeling weird
It normally takes me a couple of days
to get used to 'their' localised ways
But we connected almost instantaneously
and now we are getting on quite famously
With you I've been wanting to spend my time
You showed me yours and I showed you mine
You had so much to live up to
So many things wanted to see and do
About you, I've been positively vocal
And so you treat me as a local
You gave me all that you could give
the rest of my days I will happily live
You had me smiling from the start
I'm wearing a t shirt with an NY heart
I'm saddened as my bags I pack
I love you New York, I will be back

No comments:

Post a Comment