Monday 5 December 2011

November 21st

I've heard all the songs written about you
I come here to find out if it's all true
Can one place hold such emotion
attracting fans with unlimited devotion
Are the neon lights bright on Broadway
can you convince me to do it your way
I've shelved all the hype and all the talk
To find out for myself New York New York
I'll take a walk around Central Park
I'll see the lights burning through the dark
I walk your streets and avenues
I'll climb your towers and see your views
Keep my eyes open as the streets I trudge
The greatest city? I'll be the judge
Okay, after a week of vinyl revision
I can now reveal my final decision
New York, you are the greatest place
You seem to run the human race
I never really had any doubt
But I had to come to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment