Wednesday 2 March 2011

February 25th

Woke up feeling gloomy and feeling blue
Contracted Stage One: Man flu
Being ill gets me seething
Making noises with basic breathing
Had a bit of a drama, made a bit of a meal
Wife was sympathetic asking how I feel
I reply errrrrr ummmmm I’m feeling poop
She went down the shops and bought me some soup
Bought me Olbas Oil concealed in tissues
I might be ill, but wife has her own issues
Feeling perky in fine shopping fettle
Spent all our Club card points on a new kettle
Looked all over a real retail rollercoaster
Now she’s on the lookout for a matching toaster
She Googled and tried many different sources
Of the kettle world this is the Porsches
Still feeling groggy like warmed up death
An equal amount of sniffs for every breath
Head all heavy and proper bunged up
Getting Wifey hugs, like a little lost pup
She doesn’t get the same, bedside manner I lack
Last time she was sick, I didn’t even hold her hair back
When it comes to being ill, my Wife is better than me
And she really has enjoyed make me cups of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment