Tuesday 29 March 2011

March 24th

Isn’t it funny how things turn out?
Play on your mind and cause you some doubt
A man at work who made all the dramas
Has been caught and calmed by our friend Karma
He created a hole, in to which he fell
But I still shook his hand and wished him well
Why do I react this way, all proper and polite?
He continually made my working days an uphill fight
I helped him out many times, a literal thankless task
All I wanted was a little gratitude, is that too much to ask?
I thought I would act differently, and think he had it coming
But seeing him with regretful eyes was positively humbling
He shook me firmly by the hand and thanked me graciously
Said he’d miss me, keep in touch, he enjoyed my company
Did I miss something, make it up, I was beginning to question
He liked me but treated me badly, a peculiar suggestion
Maybe you see things differently when it’s been taken away
I feel proud to have kept my cool during the toughest days
So someone else will come along to take his place
I will continue to hold myself with my innate grace
Everybody’s equal has always been my motto
But you pay the price when you enter life’s lotto
Still in my ears Dave’s words still sound
The world is round, what goes around comes around

No comments:

Post a Comment