Saturday 5 March 2011

March 3rd

Happy Birthday to my sister who is currently in Spain
She won’t get her card until she comes back again
Wife is only working today until one
So we’ll have to try and get something done
When she arrived it was a destination duel
Do we head to Chertsey or Epsom and Ewell?
All settled as we head to a nice town
To see all the ups and the Epsom downs
Had a wander around Shops and such
Didn’t fancy staying or paying out that much
Drove back to Woking, looking for some grub
Just a little backstreet or country pub
Ended up all the way back in Woking
Decided to grab some food in the Maybury Inn
All in all we used our time nicely
A lamb dish for wife and my risotto all spicy
They had food to sell and I was the buyer
Place a little cold so we snuggled by the fire
Food so good, no need for sauces
Ploughed our way through 3 courses
Pretty lazy were my days off work
I wonder what adventures around the corner lurk
No way of knowing, destiny is not set
That and I don’t have my rota yet
Sunday night stand up in the theatre we’ll be
Watching Cradle to Rave with Lenny Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment