Tuesday 29 March 2011

March 25th

And so with three days off, I’m heading to Blackpool
With stag in tow, holiday, proper old school
Planning started a month back, I started to look around
Got a return to Walsall for just twenty six pound
Wife off from work, so she didn’t go to Cobham
I arrived at London Euston with no problem
On a virgin train, I hope it goes all the way
Started off in coach H and I was in coach A
I was wondering as I boarded the engine
If my neighbour would be happy or constantly whinging
Would they take up much room or would they be polite
My prayers were answer, as on her note pad she began to write
Quite compact on this train, storage a real kerfuffle
Empty seat next to me filled by artist Emily Ruffle
Being the Year of the Gav, I struck up conversation
Not really like me I would normally fold in hesitation
People are good and genuinely nice
Next time I don’t think I’ll think twice
Met by Graham and Tim upon my Walsall arriving
In the Car to Blackpool, and somehow I end up driving
In the days of technology with satellite correction
We ended up struggling round to Brians directions
Was it left to the pleasure beach or right by the sea?
If only there was a landmark for everybody to see
Started on the beer, then more and food a-plenty
A chilli burger and chips for just three pound twenty
Back to the hotel and then out for high jinks and a gag
Would like to tell you more, but what goes on, stays on the stag

No comments:

Post a Comment