Wednesday 9 March 2011

March 7th

As we drive into work words of Lenny still inspiring
I thought of how well he had done and how much I admired him
A fantastic idea, a biographical show
Filling in the parts that others did not know
Of how and why he came to our attention
Of all the stories previously unmentioned
It’s got me thinking that maybe he’s right
You should listen to the music you love day and night
Music is strong it can trigger lost memories
‘Love is the drug’ and other such remedies
I look back now and music makes me remember
Of bright taxi lights and burning barbeque embers
Whenever I hear that song my mind responds
Pink Floyds ‘Shine on you crazy diamond’
Camping during the summer, memories held dear
With Uncle, Aunty and friends & ‘I wish you were here’
Different sights, sounds, smells and foods
Equal the first time I heard ‘All the young dudes’
Our lives are so busy, complex and confusing
It can all be relieved by musical interluding
So parents take heed from Lenny Henry
Dance everyday and sing with your family
Something else, quite profound, that Lenny said
Every day love your music or you might as well be dead
An interesting mantra to which I sort of agree
That’s why I’m dusting off my Kate bush LP

No comments:

Post a Comment