Sunday 13 March 2011

March 11th

Wifey was of, so in the morning was led
To Guildford to pick out a brand new bed
Don’t know what we want, standard or grand
Or one with storage or just a regular divan
Not sure what size, or where it’ll fit
Make our minds up tomorrow, we’ll have to sleep on it
Today’s news has been the Tsunami and Earthquake
Crashing through Japan, taking all in its wake
It put things in perspective, makes life more real
Hopefully people will change, think and feel
But I get into work and the same set mind
‘Er I’d like to complain about my complimentary wine
People amaze me, so blinked and vain
Self centred, narrow-minded, every day the same
I wonder how they would react if it was the other way around
Would they be bothered if their coffee was instant not ground
It makes me feel sorry for some of our species
Aloof and Ignorant to the world’s atrocities
I still find myself nodding and saying ‘I’ll do what I can’
It’s become a habit making excuses for man
If I can take anything anyway, it’ll be some gratitude
Grateful it’ll never be me with that attitude
All men are equal and should be treated accordingly
And to the ones who think that they are more than me,
Maybe you’ll be shaken at the loss of men
And a reality wave will wash over them

No comments:

Post a Comment