Thursday 17 March 2011

March 15th

Wife and I have a day off together on the streets
Spent into Guildford, between my sleeps
Popped into ‘Jamie’s’ which is becoming a good habit
And for the very first time, I tried rabbit
Had a wander, made up our own tour
Then came back and I was in bed by four
These nights have put my brain on the blink
Trying to get my arse and elbow back in sync
A great visit to Jamie’s, I am very grateful
Probably my favourite place to get a plateful
Ate the lot, left nothing to waste
Its how really good food should taste
Tommy forwarded my story to one of his mates
Hoping she’ll like it and want to illustrate
Tommy is pushing he doesn’t miss a trick
He said it’s not just a book but maybe a short kid’s flick
If anyone can do it, I’m sure Tommy can
I trust him implicitly, the man with a plan
House is up for rent or maybe even be sold
So we can afford to retire when we get old
New plans on the horizon wait in anticipation
New theatre, new chance and maybe new vocation
Had a lovely time at lunch today
Came straight home and on the bed I lay
Got to sleep so I can work through the night
But two days off next time I see the light

No comments:

Post a Comment