Wednesday 9 March 2011

March 8th

Day off so decided to dip into the think tank
Came up with ‘meet Tom for a bite on the Southbank’
Being a tourist we head to the Modern Tate
Then to The Swan at the Globe for a thespian lunch plate
Thought it might be busy so booked previously
Got to the front desk, they had never heard of me
After a few ums and errs and private f’s and Jeffs
We were seated and shown the specials from the chefs
A risotto for my belly and a red wine for my lips
But even in a posh gaff Tom still orders Burger and chips
But that wasn’t the most popular dish
That was held for the special Chips and Fish
I suppose it’s expected and what the tourists are taught
Although I do have a problem with the sign ‘Locally Caught’
An added twelve point five per cent on the bill, I see
The reason, a service charge for the convenience of me!
 I work in the service trade and know how it’s meant
But adding a tip for me I find inconvenient
Instead of British fuming and getting uptight
I chose to act upon my statutory rights
‘I would like this removed’ I tell the waiter
‘Not a problem sir’, ‘Thank you and see you later’
So great to catch up with Tom, best of friends
I even carried his bag along the Thames
Said bye to Tom as of to the south by southwest festival he went
I headed home to give up things for lent
The knots in my mind once again undone
That’s the joy of living so close to London

No comments:

Post a Comment