Wednesday 12 October 2011

September 23rd

Lend me your hand and I’ll show you around
My newly acquired and recently crowned
Fantastic places snake and sliver
Along the muddy banks of the river
With too many places to explore them all
I’ll sit and stare from the floating Tattershall
With tugs and tours all travelling past
And groups of tourists clung to the mast
How many visits to the capital
Before our statues is declared marital
Big smoke you treat me well
Always have a story to tell
You wrap me up in your winding streets
Your tree lined parks in squares concrete
When you open up your shiny coffer
I’m constantly amazed at what’s on offer
Around every corner something picturesque
But my feelings I have to suppress
And do my best ‘local’ impression
Apparently is not good to show expression
I continue walking with my frown
Pretending not to love this town
They are so caught up in all their style
That they can’t even manage a smile
I do my best, but I can’t keep it inside
I shall be handing down my London Pride 

No comments:

Post a Comment