Monday 31 October 2011

October 24th

collapsed, troubled prepared to implode
feeling that I'm worldly owed
festering in my self loathing
slumming in my bed clothing
feeling as sorry as it's possible to feel
not wanting to expose the big reveal
want to wallow and waste away
feel that there's nothing left to say
even if I did it not your fault
take it all with a pinch of salt
down in the dumps feeling quite low
then a call from someone I know
everything he's done has a silver lining
honestly, talk about timing
His voice was full of wonder and light
Hopeful conversation bouncy and polite
I don’t have faith in destiny or fate
But believe in the good timing of a mate
He knew just the right time of day
He knew the best things to say
His enthusiasm and tone made me smile
I hadn’t heard that for quite a while
Positive, encouraging, funny and direct
Sometimes simplicity is easy to forget
To my friend who knew just what to say
The futures bright, the futures Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment