Saturday 15 October 2011

October 4th

We gave Aylesbury a turn, it just didn't blend
But me and you became better friends
More pertinent laughs and tears
Than we'd had in previous years
We managed that year and survived
Came out better on the other side
It was a bold move to just uproot
And partake in a tougher daily commute
We did it and it made us stronger
It gave me less hours to love you longer
But you give me accuracy and precision
And confidence in each decision
Another step and more positive stroking
Was needed as we moved to Woking
Surrey came easier than our prior address
With you there to divide my stress
We got off to treacherous beginnings
But you were the strength, the underpinning
Another move may be on the cards
Another town, more moving scars
You put up with imperfectly me
And pack my boxes so correctly
Without you and your cold feet
'The year of the Gav' would be incomplete
These moves will soon come to an end
And I can settle with my true best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment