Wednesday 12 October 2011

September 19th

I’m walking around, my feet are aching
The sun is beating down, cooking baking
Heading to where I need to be going
Cooled by the gentle breeze blowing
I get annoyed by all the people stopping
Pretending that they are window shopping
Suggestively pointing at expensive clothes
As they have got lost following their nose
The sightseeing is shortly postponed
As they look up maps on mobile phones
Trying to work out their deviation
Trying to plot course and seek location
Myself, of course, being a local walker
Have no need for a GPS stalker
My brain plotted my route meticulously
But then lose my way ridiculously
I scamper around pretending to know
Where I am and where I need to go
Inevitably walking a lot further away
Than where I wanted to be that day
Not to worry as I had prepared, at home
All the addresses in my mobile phone
And hidden in my unused apps
Is the street defining picture maps
And I annoy people as I continually stop
To look at my phone and pretend to shop

No comments:

Post a Comment