Friday 7 October 2011

September 18th

In a tiny golden Piccadilly bar
All smoke stained and stale cigar
Sit a private and quiet couple
For an after work chat and cuddle
All sorts of stories run around
As no wedding band can be found
Perhaps it’s an out of marriage affair
They notice me as I start to stare
They huddle even closer to each other
Gazing in the eyes of in love lovers
The gazes soon turn to frowns
As they notice I’m writing all this down
I tell them that I’m just being reflective
And haven’t been hired as a private detective
And to save me from this predicament
The names are left out to protect the innocent
And to be able to add this to my repertoire
I’m not allowed to name the bar
My apologies to the couple I harried
I didn’t know they were recently married
My writing fatigue made me get it wrong
And I’m turning into a peeping Tom
This writing malarkey is clouding my judgement
I need to make a life adjustment
I need to stop nosing from afar
Just then two nuns walked into the bar......

No comments:

Post a Comment