Monday 24 October 2011

October 13th


if I could harness the trailing wind
and bottle the air that’s blown
if I could keep my dreams tinned
I could open them and find home
My aspirations are frozen
my ambition is put on hold
The paths and the wants I have chosen
have been bid on but remain unsold
I know that it's all in the waiting
I know it's a game that life plays
That makes it no less frustrating
Or shortens my lingering days
It's hard to remain positive
When you've handed your life across
I'm trying to be more acquisitive
whilst waiting for the correct riposte
As with the changing of the leaves
The summers changing's begun
I need my 'now' to catch the breeze
And be warmed in the fading sun
My future is being blown around
And hopes are up in the air
I know I'll find some common ground
And settle my life down there

No comments:

Post a Comment