Tuesday 25 October 2011

October 16th

Another day over, one more in the cask
Another day of sticking to my task
Another sunset in the same sky
Another day of future passing me by
Another day that’s turned into night
Another day as I continue to write
Another day of being devoted
Another day of being misquoted
Another night in, another cooked meal
Another chance to forget what is real
Another moment to inscribe again
Another poem that’s exactly the same
Another starlight happening elsewhere
Another thought of being there
Another sequence of perpetual bliss
Another hour away from things I miss
Another sleep fuelling the same dreams
Another story with imaginable scenes
Another beginning has been self started
Another day ends completely half hearted
Another day closer to being somewhere
Another day further from getting there
Another day to regroup and compose
Another chance for poise and prose
Another time to tell it my way
Another poem on another day

No comments:

Post a Comment