Thursday 20 October 2011

October 6th

If frustration is good for the soul
And if it’s good to have an occasional crisis
Then it’s time we were back in control
Time to reap from our own sacrifices
I’m not suggesting we are owed anything
Or that the world is being two faced
But if you’re suppose to receive what you bring
Then mine seems to have been misplaced
I’m not going to harp on about a difficult day
I’m not a believer in superstition
I’d just like luck to meet me half way
Since we got to this good position
I’d like to live whilst I’m are alive
Cos I don’t think I’ll get to heaven
I use my own rules to survive
Turn my music up to eleven
I’m not asking for you to do it all
To serve it all on a silver plate
Just warn me before a possible fall
And highlight helpful fate
Help me, show me blueprints of your plan
Give me a definite obvious sign
Have I annoyed the great godly man?
Have I disappointed the divine?
If so, then apologies, offence was never meant
I have just tried to do my best
I tried to be open honest and pleasant
Tried to be happy and noblest
So my frustration will never show
My wits will stay so sharp
And when I die, then down I'll go
Because I can't play the harp.

No comments:

Post a Comment