Tuesday 25 October 2011

October 14th

Trying harder to use time more wisely
So as the end of the year doesn’t surprise me
It’s been ten months since this thing started
We are heading to areas as yet uncharted
Heading for quantity over quality
Beginning to feel the inevitable frivolity
Suffering from frequent repetition
But anticipating my predisposition
I had never written so much as a letter
The more I write, the more it gets better
I feel that the daily struggle word fighting
Leaves me feeling that I’m over-writing
But perhaps my daily determination
Has become my greatest inspiration
With two months left I’m beginning to doubt
That there’s anything left to write about
Or if it would be a big mistake
To take an early two month break
Give me this ending, categorically
Take my hand, metaphorically
Lead me to the winners land
And help me take my pen in hand
Join my club, become a member
And get me through to the end of December
So my readers, yes, both of you
Help me do what I know I should do
Show you love me, by reading my passage
Give me an encouraging shoulder massage
Pat my back and urge me on
See me to my first denouement

No comments:

Post a Comment