Friday 6 May 2011

May 3rd

Took wife into work as I usually do
Then I drove the car to be fixed at HiQ
Told them that it’s making a noise, ‘car go bang’
‘Boxy long tubey thing go cling and clang’
I said ‘IT’S VERY LOUD LISTEN AND HEAR’
How longs it been like that asked the man, ‘I have no idea’ 
There are two things it could be, box or socket
I felt the money disappear from my pocket
The socket is twenty pounds the box is sixty three
I knew it would be the latter as I’m not that lucky
How my car works is beyond my thinking
As there tools start clanking and clinking
They pointed and explained to make things more clear
But I only know how to get in it and steer
I went to the pub round the corner whilst they fitted a part
It must have been easier when it was just a horse and cart
What did you need for a horse, back in the day?
A saddle, some stirrups, reins and some hay
Cheaper to run and easier to park
Although it has no lights for when it’s dark
Horsing around stopped as my phone rang
The car no longer goes clunk and clang
An inexpensive car that sucks up my dosh
And it’s dirty again so back to the broken car wash

No comments:

Post a Comment