Friday 6 May 2011

May 2nd

I hope I get to see some live music this year
As the festival season draws ever near
I always enjoy the atmos that much I remember
From the Isle of Wight in June to the Bestival in September
The sun beating down whilst the music plays
Sleeping off Saturday nights on a lazy Sundays
I miss pooling monies together for drinks tokens
I miss discovering new bands as a new world opens
I miss standing in fields as the sun sets
I miss Bowie, John Butler Trio and the Mystery Jets
I miss the guitars and bass and drums being loud
I miss the pushing and shoving and the roar of the crowd
I miss the fast food and the non stop eating
I miss the familiar faces and the random greetings
I miss people staying over and playing host
I miss cooking barbeque breakfast and burning toast
I miss the chat the fun and the little japes
I miss the forgotten tickets and the lucky escapes
I miss the England shirts and the sun tan lotion
I miss the dissipating crushing crowd commotion
I miss the loud dance parties and going berserk
I miss the big finales and the fireworks
I miss the excitement of walking down to the fields
I miss Keith’s burn legs and how quickly they healed
I miss my friends and festival in many ways
But most of all I think I miss the old days

No comments:

Post a Comment