Wednesday 4 May 2011

May 1st

Sunday is the day God rested I believe in that for sure
Especially if he was out all day at a wedding the day before
Had no energy what so ever could be blown over by a gust
So at ten A.m we headed in to eat a full monty breakfast
I couldn’t eat all my brekkie if fact I felt a little sick
Only help zap my energy, feeling more lethargic
The Woodley’s turned up Stu, Julie, Sam and Daisy
The grown up people’s memories were somewhat hazy
They put a brave face on it, didn’t appear to be at all ill
They had to come back to the pub as they ‘forgot’ to pay the bill
And so we trekked to The Swan, as we had the day prior
And even though it was hot outside, we sat inside by the fire
With everyone all check out an unrecognisable in their civvies
We bid a fond farewell to the hotel and all its skivvies
Took a detour en route home to bump into my mother
But drained by the efforts of yesterday we went home to recover
What a wonderful experience, great party and great food
And as I get my energy back I’m in the party mood
A beautiful and wonderful occasion with eyes springing leaks
Looking forward to the next wedding, Matt and Lucy’s in three weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment