Tuesday 17 May 2011

May 12th

A sunny Woking day I thought it might nicely bode
To go and sit and write in Stanley Road
To add atmosphere I plugged into my pod
And selected Weller, father of all Mods
No idea of how many songs from his selection
Were written sitting on the one way section
Or whether he even came to this location
Of Stanley and Maybury Road by the station
Have all the songs from his memory banks
Been replaced by bus and taxi ranks
Have Wellers songs; to which we all hail
Been replaced by a sofa and furniture sale
Have all his memories been bought
And replaced by flats and Dukes Court
I wonder how of this place he thinks
All one bedroom flats with commuter links
Or the collection of all different religions
Thrown together by economic decisions
Being here increases my fascination
How this placed inspired anything but procrastination
I suppose you only get what you give
You can’t link everything to where you live
It’s a nice area lacking in natural grace
Maybe I’ve come to the wrong place
But for greatness he was always meant
It’s not where he’s from but where he went

No comments:

Post a Comment