Wednesday 4 May 2011

April 27th

I’ve entered some poetry into a competition
To start the ball rolling on my inner ambition
I’m just glad that I’ve done something with it
Letting other people judge my ready wit
There is a plus side, I get to judge too
That is the only way that yours can go through
I’ll read other entries to see what I’m up against
To see who works with light and dark paints
I’ve already seen some on the ‘poetry generator’
Some make you interested and looking for more
Some are dark and hard to enjoy
I’ve opted for comedy, my laughter weapon deployed
I don’t care about winning as there are so many entries
People will be reading and judging my stuff
For now, for me, that is good enough
The first time strangers are rating my words
And although it maybe criticised by them poetry nerds
As having no depth and not taking it serious
At least they’ll have taken the time to be curious
I hope that they will stay objective
After all it’s all subjective
But with all words I’ll take them with some salt
I’m not a pro, I just writing down my thoughts
Whether good or bad and however you rate me
But just keep in mind, what have you written lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment