Wednesday 4 May 2011

April 30th

It’s already Saturday and the big wedding is today
If I’m a little nervous, what about Hayley and Gray
In our hotel room with its special black out blind
My speech later on is now playing on my mind
Finished with the bed for now time for the breakfast
Lately time for catching up with some old friends from the past
Only eleven am and after eating our morning meals
Karen getting ready in our cosy room, me kicking my heals
Laid back on our spring bed, rubbing my well feed belly
Grabbed hold of my remote control and flicked aimlessly through the telly
Thinking I couldn’t go to the pub alone to grab a cheeky beer
Wife took a call on her phone, look out the Woodley’s are here
Chatting with friends over a brew, making quite a racket
Stu trying desperately not to crease his precious linen jacket
Catching up on old times and being rather silly
Checking out Stu’s new look, he’s gone all rockabilly
We all headed down to the Swan Hotel in our finest finery
All ready for the wedding which was upon us finally
Meeting friends not seen in a while, lots of hugging and kissing
Asking how things were going more handshakes and well wishing
The ceremony and meal gone already how quick the time was flying
Stu coming up to me and saying, ‘I can’t stop crying!’
Positive comments from about my speech, it’s nice to have some feedback
And looking forward to being in bed as the stamina of youth I lack
Even though Cleaver wasn’t drinking, he was still the party goer
And when the music and mood was right he bought out the lawn mower
The music drooped like my eyes as we all began to tire
And even though we were in the west, we headed to Bedfordshire

No comments:

Post a Comment