Wednesday 4 May 2011

April 28th

Winding down to three days off together
Nothing can spoil it, not even the weather
To Bibury is where we will be heading
To witness the weekends most important wedding
Everything sorted, nothing left to the last minute
I get a text from Graham saying he wants me in it
Can I write something to close off his speech?
So for my nice parker pen and paper I reach
In fact it didn’t take me long at all
Read through it a few times so as not to stumble or fall
It’s a nice little ditty that bounces and flows
There is even a small reference to the One Show
It won’t bring tears or make knees buckle
I read it out loud and it made the wife chuckle
To Swindon we are driving about midday Friday
I’m hoping the roads empty in that ‘28 days later’ way
Researching our B&B and with glee my hands rub
We are staying next to a fully working pub
Tonight Wife is organising what she is taking
Whilst I’m busy poetry making
Cutting off the labels from my new wedding suit
Also polishing my wedding shoes to boot
I took the car to see the carwash bloke
And halfway through the cleaning the carwash broke
It’s nothing like the song when they say
I filled up and I still had to pay

No comments:

Post a Comment