Monday 30 May 2011

May 14th

I said to the Wife ‘We’re making history today’
‘Yeah but it’s not like when they shot J.F.K’
Are you mad I said, it’s exactly the same
Give me a year and I’ll tell you the game
I thought I can rise to this challenge of hers
1987! Easy, Coventry City verses Spurs
At if that’s not enough can I have a drum roll?
Coventry won with a Gary Mabbutt own goal
She said ‘But it’s not as if the whole world views’
1990! Man Utd won with two goals from Hughes
Okay they didn’t win on the Cup final day
But Lee Martin scored on the midweek replay
It’s ingrained in our minds since we were small
You don’t just play, you live football
The amount of discussions you’re able to join
If you remember the 91 final & Paul Gascoigne
You tell me the year; I’ll tell you the score
My wife replied, ‘You really should get out more!’

No comments:

Post a Comment