Monday 30 May 2011

May 25th

And so we bid farewell once again
My love for you will always remain
You've made me feel that I am free
And you taught me this so eloquently
You set me apart from the tangible things
You fill my heart with the light you bring
This light is reflected in life's prism
Casting a shadow over materialism
My needs and wants are somewhat diminished
Where nature began man has finished
So once again I'm crossing my bar
You are so near but yet so far
As we drift further and you become small
I'm pleased I have answered you beckon call
Which has picked me up and made my spirit large
And allowed my battery to fully recharge
As we arrive back where we started
A piece of my heart remains departed
It serves as a beacon to help me return
To warm myself on the home fires that burn
You are a drug running through my vein
And so we bid farewell once again
I will be back to reclaim my land
Wait for me please my beautiful island

No comments:

Post a Comment