Tuesday 27 September 2011

September 8th

I’m ready for my New York hysteria
And will bring back memories, not memorabilia
You won’t be getting a Liberty key ring
Or Empire State on a string
No Chrysler building encrusted with diamonds
But you might get a postcard from Ellis Island
Who knows what things will happen
When we visit the Isle of Manhattan
I’m gonna wake up, and do it all
Times Square, Grand Central Terminal
Metropolitan and Guggenheim museums
The city that never sleeps is in my dreams
I’m gonna discover, before it gets dark
Every corner of Central Park
All the history and all the talk
Will soon be mine New York New York
Something I’ve always wanted to do
Something that is long overdue
New York envelope me with all you bring
Give me all you have, miss out nothing
I’m like a sponge, ready to absorb
To soak up my well earned reward
I will listen as you start to talk
And wear my T-shirt saying I heart New York

No comments:

Post a Comment