Tuesday 27 September 2011

September 2nd

Whether it the satin sheets of a five star hotel
I still wouldn’t sleep all that well
It’s not just the sheets that cause distress
But the unfamiliar pillow and mattress
I’ll start my uncomfy bed frustration
With goldilocks style elimination
If I’m going to have a silent night
I need a bed that is just right
Single, double, queen or king size
Is considered before I close my eyes
Sheets or duvet pyjamas or pant less
It’s all Willy nilly in my unconsciousness
How my head lays when asleep I go
Is all determined by the cut of my pillow
Bouncy, alive, floppy or dead
Or folded over to support my head
Wake up in the night just to check
A sharp pain running down my crocked neck
Duck down or goose or whatever you’re used to
Nothing will make your dreams come true
When I think of the pillows come and gone
With my DNA strands and my dribble on
The nicest pillow that money can afford
Gets eaten up the wonky headboard
As Dorothy said, ‘There’s no place like home’
And there is no pillow like your own

No comments:

Post a Comment