Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 15th

When I get a moment to sit and relax
Before my consciousness has a total relapse
I take a moment to think of my position
And my projects brief intermission
I know it’s something I have mentioned prior
But never expected it to fully transpire
We are into our eighth month
And despite some repeated bumph
We’ve done quite well to get this far
Thanks for your support, you know who you are
Everything now, is new found ground
And I appreciate you sticking around
I'm using you as my poetry litmus
Hoping to keep your attention until after Christmas
It’s like writing your thoughts to yourself in a letter
And reading it back, thinking you could do better
Most of the time when I'm re-reading 
I'm happy enough, my expectations exceeding
I'm glad to know I've stuck to a task
And been more creative with my craft
Who knows, if we get into the flow
It might spawn an Edinburgh show
We'll wait and see, I'm a little divided
Future decisions are still undecided
Get ready as from the man who quits
They'll be a book of my greatest hits

No comments:

Post a Comment