Tuesday 27 September 2011

September 4th

It all started as a crazy scheme
Which has now gone a little extreme
It was fun for a while, well, at first
But now I’m feeling completely submersed
 In a river of my words, I am drowning
Spending my days thinking and frowning
 Making my mind contract and contort
Trying to find a witty retort
Struggling to find some rhyme for my reason
I appear to have a word lesion
Every new page is a furrowed brow
I’ve got to get this finished somehow
What if I made my burden lighter?
Hire in a paid ghost writer
This task is overpowering and daunting
Maybe it could use a little haunting
I want all the reward and glitter
To prove that I’m no quitter
There’s no one else who’ll write like me
Who’ll get across my daily insanity
No else could recall such personal times
In broken English and nearly rhymes
So you’re stuck with me as brain cells diminish
I’ll see you there when we get to the finish
I’ve put my kettle back on the boil
Til we get to the line and you wrap me in foil

No comments:

Post a Comment