Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 19th

Oh no! My mum is feeling rejected
She feels her feelings are being neglected
So I'll tell you how much she means to me
Through the ancient art of poetry
I can tell you without even trying
And know that she'll probably start crying
As we get older she has become
The best of friend and greatest Mum
As a Mum she always did all that she could
Helped when needed, stood back when she should
Was never controlling with interference
Provided and guided with expert reverence
As I get older I begin to see
What a profound effect she had on me
My most polite critic and biggest fan
Who made a good boy, a better man
When we look behind the facade
Of wife and mother and cooks tabard
No gifts given or pocket money paid
Could reimburse the sacrifices made
Whether serious talking or roast potatoes
She does it the best, my mother, she knows
Who else could I possibly disturb?
With the greatest hits of Chris de Burgh
Whatever my Mum washes up each day
I’ll always be there to dry and put away

No comments:

Post a Comment