Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 11th

Wow I've never drunk so much coffee
Flat ones, black ones, milky and frothy
Large or medium or a single glug
All arrive in the same size mug
A hot chocolate smooth like silk
Disappears under boiled milk
Filter coffee on a hot plate all day
Is a little cheaper when its take away
'With your drink would you like a scone?
For £3.50 love, I'll leave well alone
I don't think coffee should cost the earth
But how much is free WiFi really worth
Be it loose or bags or in a small pot
Special tea seems to cost a lot
Someone's given them license to money print
Charging £3 for some hot water and some mint
Wrapped in a ribbon to aesthetically please
But this stuff really does grow on trees
I'm here led by sweets like Hansel and Gretel
Eating cakes and drinking hot nettles
This I do on a daily basis
In not one but a dozen places
Music is vacuous chairs uncomfy
Wonky tables and sofa's lumpy
The marked up coffee isn't the only crime
This says more about me and how I spend my time

No comments:

Post a Comment